Click on my thumbnails to enlarge and view..... and visit my website at http://ranch-life-photography.smugmug.com/ for full resolution images. If it's not on the website yet just email me and ask me for it. I also have thousands of photos not on my website.....if there's something special you're looking for I may have it. Just ask!


20 October 2010

On a side note.......Natural Horsemanship

I love horses!  I love natural horsemanship!  I love Parelli Natural Horsemanship!  I'm so thankful for Tom Dorrance and his blessed gift with horses and for passing it on to the wonderful Ray Hunt and now many other great horseman.  Horses are amazing animals and partners.  That's where I get a natural high....playing with and training and riding horses.
All my horses learn the 7 games with me.  And my main levels mare in the Parelli Program can be ridden like this.  It's waaaaay fun!   And she went from a dangerous hot headed bucking horse to being a partner with me in natural horsemanship.  It simply works!
This young lady and her horse travel with Pat and Linda Parelli on their Celebration tour to show people what a horse can be like with it's human partner.
Horses are people, too .....jk.....but they do have feelings and emotions and fears and uncertainties and dominance issuses and respect/lack of respect issues, etc.  The 7 games develop a respectful working relationship.....a partnership that can be further developed and enjoyed by both the human and the horse.
And it doesn't matter what kind of activity you do with your horses, they can all have this foundation and be the better and happier for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment