Click on my thumbnails to enlarge and view..... and visit my website at http://ranch-life-photography.smugmug.com/ for full resolution images. If it's not on the website yet just email me and ask me for it. I also have thousands of photos not on my website.....if there's something special you're looking for I may have it. Just ask!


08 October 2010

From the home corral.......

Well, I said I'd give you photography tips and techniques and ideas once in a while so here's one for you....
If you have a photograph that isn't quite up to par...a little blurry, too dark, color not very good, etc....go into your photo editing program and begin playing with these editing tools:  I adjust levels, brightness and contrast, lighting, saturation, sharpness, etc.  One at a time.....experiment.  If you like what you have with one adjustment then move on to the other.  If one doesn't help, move to the next tool. 
When you have that part about as good as you can get it....go into your filters.  This particular photo was very dark, too busy, and blurry.  But I liked the action so I found a way to save it.  I played with all my editing tools, as I suggested, and then experimented with one filter at a time.  I happen to have a few favorites and the one I settled on is the DRY BRUSH filter.  When a photo just won't turn out nice enough, I add a filter and make it art :)
This is the final outcome.  Not gallery worthy, but a fun photo.
*** Bad or dark lighting is sometimes hard to fix so.....try the Auto brightness and contrast, Auto Levels....if no good then go into the manual (Touchup) tools and manually play with Brightness, Contrast, Levels, and Lighting.  One of those will do the trick for you.  It's fun to make digital art out of a bad photograph!

No comments:

Post a Comment